Level 2 COVID-19 Business Assistance Package – Western Australia
A further package of reliefs were announced by the WA Government last week, including:
- Small Business Hardship Grants Program
- Payroll Tax Relief for Large Hospitality Businesses.
This is in addition to the Level 1 Covid-19 Business Assistance Package, which was announced in late February 2022.
Small Business Hardship Grants Program
Eligibility Requirements Businesses must satisfy the following:
- Have a valid and active Australian Business Number (ABN);
- Have an Australia-wide payroll of less than $4 million; and
- Have a 50 per cent or greater reduction in turnover for any two week period between 1 January 2022 and 30 April 30 2022, relative to the same period last year.
An alternative period in 2021 may be used if the business did not operate at that time or it provides an inaccurate representation of the business’ financial situation.
Grants available (tiered per employee number)
- $3,000 grant for sole traders (no employees);
- $7,500 grant for micro businesses (those with one to five employees);
- $20,000 grant for small businesses (those with six to 19 employees); and
- $50,000 for medium-sized businesses (those with 20 or more employees and with an annual payroll of up to $4 million).
Applications for this grant will be open by Thursday 17 March via the Small Business Development Corporation https://www.smallbusiness.wa.gov.au/coronavirus/grants#level-2-covid-19-business-assistance-package
Hospitality Payroll Tax Relief
Hospitality businesses with payrolls of between $4 million and $20 million will receive a three-month payroll tax waiver if they have experienced at least a 50 per cent drop in turnover over any four week period between 1 January 2022 and 30 April 2022, comparable to the same period last year.
Applications for the Small Business Hardship Grant Program will open on 17 March via the Small Business Development Corporation https://www.smallbusiness.wa.gov.au/coronavirus/grants#level-2-covid-19-business-assistance-package